Friday, December 23, 2011

Revelations Path

I know where I have been,
And I know the things I have been witness to,

And I know what I am,
And what I am not.

And the path that leads through the dark and untrodden way,
Is the one I have always taken,
For better or worse
Not conciously knowing where it will lead.

Long ago I loved another,
Only for who they were,
Nothing More,
Nothing Less.

And I was loved in return,
Only for who I was,
Nothing More,
Nothing Less.

And as time passed,
And I found love in the arms of others,
There was something different,
Something that didn't match that early love.

Was it those whom I loved,
Who Loved me in Return,
Or was it me,
Had I changed with all that I had seeen and done?

The path seemed to become more difficult to navigate,
The tress closed in above,
The underbrush became tangled,
And fraught with thorns.

But Every now and again,
There would be a break in the trees,
And sunlight would bathe me,
In warmth and hope.

And one day I came clear of the forest path,
And I looked out and saw all the world before me,
But I was still cloaked in Darkness,
And the path split as it crossed the hills and valleys before me.

And one path was rocky and treacherous,
And the other was well worn and would have been easy to traverse,
And being what I am I took the treacherous path,
Though it was sure to present challenges.

So I took the treacherous path, and I often lose my footing,
I often tumble and do myself harm,
But I always regain my feet,
And march on as I always have.

And so this is the path you will find me on,
For Better or Worse,
And I know that along that path somewhere,
Is the someone who understands and will walk it with me.

QRT
December 23, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment